Friday, December 25, 2015

Reading Year in Review - 2015

        It's always fun to look back through my reading log to remember what I read this past year. Of the 66 books I read, only 23 were on my Kindle (a big switch from last year when I read 42 on my Kindle). Since I've been in the U.S. for half of this year I've tried to take advantage of the library and read as many physical books as possible. When I return to Brazil in a few months (where less is available), I'll revert to digital books. But I'm taking about 40 books in my suitcase to balance my reading habits.

These are the books that I most enjoyed in 2015. . .

Favorite audiobook: The Best Yes by TerKeurst

Most Enjoyable Classic: Our Mutual Friend by Dickens

Book that Required the Most Effort, but Gave the Biggest Reward: Paradise Lost

Most Amusing: Little World of Don Camillo

Best WWII: The Scarlet and the Black

Best New Author: James Runcie (Sidney Chamber's mysteries) - review forthcoming

Hands Down Favorite of the Year: The Kitchen Madonna by Rumer Godden

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I really hope to read The Kitchen Madonna! :)

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Ditto what she said about Thw Kitchen Madonna. It's on my list!

Sharon said...

I am considering tackling Our Mutual Friend this year. It is my daughter's favorite Dickens' novel.

The Kitchen Madonna has me intrigued. This is the first I have heard this title. Thanks for sharing!

Sherry said...

Someone else is enjoying Don Camillo; it's one of my hidden treasure finds from long ago. I wrote about it here: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=2067

I'm wondering if I might also enjoy The Kitchen Madonna.

Barbara H. said...

I'm am listening to Our Mutual Friend now! Paradise Lost has been too intimidating for me - maybe someday I'll look into it. Have heard of TerKeurst's book but not the rest.